Home is the most comfortable place for us. Snuggling into our bed at night takes away all the stress and tiredness of the day. It is essential to decorate a space that is so special in the most unique and charming ways. Here we would give you some interior design ideas and tips which you might find helpful to turn your bedroom the way you wanted it to be.
Some ideas and tips
Looking into modern design magazines, you might find it quite challenging to decorate your small bedroom. But remember that the smaller the place is, the easier it is to design. You would need fewer accessories to decorate your crib. Let’s find out how we can do that.
- Keep the bedroom colors light and bright– It would not cramp your space and prevent it from looking boxy. Layering a white-on-white pattern or combining white with a color of similar texture is a good idea.
- Keep your bed against a corner– This would increase your floor space and assign more free area to the room.
- Avoid using a bulky bed frame– If you have a smaller bedroom, then every inch of the space would count. You can replace the traditional bed frame with a more stylish and sleek headboard. You can even decorate the area above your head with paintings and quirky arts.
- Minimalism is the key– When space is less, being minimalistic is the ideal choice: built-in storage and sleek Italian bedroom furniture would add space to your room.
- Mirror Magnification– Now this is an old trick; we know that mirrors can make any small room look bigger. You can add a large mirror to your room and create an illusion of the size by making it look much bigger. You can find a body-sized mirror and lean it against a wall, which would also work as your dresser.
- Hidden storage– You can solve the storage problems by buying beds that have storage in them. You can go for a bed with drawers or keep inbuilt storage beneath your bed.
- Go for Vertical space– When you have smaller rooms, you should utilize the vertical areas. You can create bunk beds for your children or install short platform sittings. It might not be feasible for all, but you can go for it if you have that option.
You can take these ideas and decorate your room. Using fairy lights and photo frames is a good idea. You would see that it would not only improve the space but would also add warmth to it. Also, keep bigger windows inside the room, making the space airy and full of natural lights. Keep lesser furniture, simple shades, and you would be good to go.