A food company and its contractor were fined after asbestos was truly disturbed while building work and only identified by chance while having an asbestos removal contractor attend the site. Talking about the case, it needs to highlight the requirement for companies and contractors to ensure asbestos surveys are truly carried out. Here, we will go into further detail about this.
Asbestos Survey – Asbestos-Containing Materials
As part of the health and safety risk management process, Asbestos Surveys Surrey must be carried out before work is started if it will be done among materials that contain asbestos.
The Motto Of An Asbestos Survey Is To
- It is time to find asbestos-containing materials and record the amount of asbestos and its locations.
- The next thing you need to keep in mind is all about documents. How accessible the asbestos is and its condition and if there are any sort of surface materials and
- You need to figure out what sort of asbestos the materials carry.
What Are The Two Prominent Types Of Asbestos Surveys
Management Survey – A management survey is dedicated to managing the risk of asbestos-containing materials while having the everyday use of premises. The survey is truly designed to ensure no one disturbs the asbestos-oriented material accidentally. Moreover, no harm comes to anyone because of the presence of asbestos.
The best thing is that it’s a sort of survey needed when work is required on or off the premises. Here, it needs to mention that a professional surveyor is truly needed to perform this sort of survey. It is needed to aim to ensure –
- The best thing is that no one will truly be harmed by work an Asbestos Surveys Surrey-oriented materials and
- The work needed will be done by the ideal contractor in a sophisticated manner.
Why Is It Quite Important To Have A Survey Carried Out
Talking about the current case involving a food company, no asbestos survey had been carried out by either company before work commencing. A skip of demolition debris was truly found to carry asbestos which has truly been identified. When it comes to the work, it is quite important to go with a licensed asbestos removal contractor. It must be appointed to remove the asbestos under controlled conditions before the wall being demolished.
The most important thing is that both companies were truly found guilty of breaching sections called 2 and 3 of the health and safety at work and so on for failing to carry out an adequate risk assessment.
So, what are you waiting for? It is time to go ahead with the option of asbestos surveys.