More than 300 million people speak French across five continents. As per Hind Louali, French is the second most widely learned foreign language, just after English. It also is the fifth most widely spoken language in the world.
Hind Louali discusses some of the biggest reasons that make learning French a good idea
Today technology has made it easier than ever for people to collaborate with individuals across the planet closely, and opened up a range of brand new opportunities for education, jobs, and businesses. No matter whether one has landed a job in France or considering a degree or course at a French institute, it would be a great advantage to have at least an intermediate proficiency in French. Broadly speaking, there are several reasons why people should consider learning French, such as:
- A language for the international job market: The ability to speak English and French is a great advantage in the global job market. The knowledge of French would open the doors of companies in France and other French-speaking parts of the nation. France is among the largest economies of the planet and is considered to be a leading destination for foreign investment. France is also a key economic partner.
- A good knowledge of French provides people with access to amazing works of literature in the original French, along with songs and films.
- A language for travel: France is among the top tourist destinations of the world. It magnetizes more than 87 million visitors a year. In the opinionof Hind Louali, even a basic knowledge of French would make a visit to Paris a lot more enjoyable, and provide better insights into the culture and way of life of France.
- A language for higher education: Some of these are ranked among the top higher education institutions in Europe and the world.
- The other language of international relations: French is known to be a working language and an official language of the United Nations, the International Olympic Committee, the European Union, UNESCO, NATO and more.
- A language that opens up the world: The capability to gain a good understanding of French offers people access to an alternative view of the world. They get the opportunity to follow French thinkers and leaders from all over the planet.
- A language that is fun to learn: French is not a difficult language to learn. There are many innovative ways with the help of which both children and adults can easily learn French.
French is known to be a good base for learning other languages, which particularly includes Romance languages like Italian, Portuguese, Romanian, and Spanish. It also helps people to improve their English, as a major percentage of English vocabulary is derived from French.